Drifter 0.4.x Release Notes
The following are the historical release notes for Drifter 0.4.x (code name "Smoked Kippers").
- 0.4.3 is primarily a bugfix release.
- There is now screen shake when your ship is hit as well as when you activate your jump drive. It's pretty cool.
- Improved "infinity" HUD icon for energy weapons.
- 0.4.2 is a bugfix release.
- A Graphics Settings page has been added to the options menu. You can now more easily set the game's resolution, full screen setting, FSAA and turn on and off the new HUD glow effect.
- Improved HUD graphics
- Ships can now be fitted with escape pods which allow you to (hopefully) survive the destruction of your ship. Escape pods can be purchased from the ship equipment section of the Ship Dealer
- If your ship is destroyed and you do not have an escape pod the game now ends
- Viewing the galaxy map no longer pauses the game
- The HUD now displays whether or not you can currently activate slipstream
- Weapons fire no longer moves incorrectly when your ship is moving sideways
- Hull repair price reduced to 25 credits per HP repaired
- "Pilot Quarters" have been added to stations. You can view the galaxy map, system map and locate your assets in other stations located across the galaxy from here
- Made some improvements to the system map and galaxy map
- Added a waypoint editor/viewer to the system map so you can switch between mission waypoints if you have multiple missions to complete in the same system as well as create your own waypoints and waypoint sets to save locations in system for future use
- Switched the afterburner activation key to Left Shift (you may need to change this in the Keyboard config if you are upgrading from an older version)
- The game no longer allows you to sell a ship if it has a damaged hull, it must be repaired first
- Upgraded the 3D engine to use Vertex Buffer Objects
The following list of bugs/incorrect behavior is known to exist in the current build. Below that is a list of bugs that are known and have been fixed for the next build.
Known Unfixed Bugs
- Occasional OpenAL (music) instability. This can usually be "reset" by changing systems or docking at a station.
Known Fixed Bugs
- Music state would be incorrect after loading a game saved in a station. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- Accessing the save/load page multiple times in the same game session would occasionally cause the game to crash. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- Missile trigger state was not working properly. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- Galaxy state database was not reset after dying. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- Ship inventory not accessible from various station services after loading a game saved in that station. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- Xbox 360 controller mapping is inconsistent across platforms. Fixed in 0.4.3.
- An error in the game over logic caused the game to end even if you have an escape pod equipped. Fixed in 0.4.2.
- Drifter 0.4.0 may crash on some systems that use Intel Graphics GPUs. Fixed in 0.4.1.
- You can not view the market of a remote system in the galaxy map. Fixed in 0.4.1.
- Loading a save file where the player was in space while docked in a station no longer crashes the game. Fixed in 0.4.0.
- Activating afterburners while in slipstream and vice versa no longer causes strange afterburner behavior. Fixed in 0.4.0.
- You can no longer activate your jumpdrive while you are in slipstream. Fixed in 0.4.0.
- Fixed a bug where floating ore and cargo containers would not despawn after going to a new star system. Fixed in 0.4.0.
- Textures and fonts should display correctly on graphics cards that do not fully support Non Power Of Two textures. Fixed in 0.4.0.
- Fixed some nebula display issues. Fixed in 0.4.0.
This is a list of features that are being implemented for the next build.