Resolution bug

Support for all Celsius Game Studios games.

Resolution bug

Postby soniquev8 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Just grabbed Drifter, being a lover of space games. Thought I'd let you know about a minor bug, although you probably know about it already.

I'm playing on a Mac (OS 10.9) and switched from windowed to full-screen. Subsequently restarted the game and the game was still at it's previous resolution at the bottom of the screen with a big black border around it. Yes, I know I should have altered the resolution before restarting and it wouldn't have been a big deal, save for the fact that the mouse/pointer was acting as though the resolution had changed, making it difficult to navigate the menus. For instance, if I were to click where the options menu was, the game would select exit game.

I eventually corrected the resolution by essentially flying (or clicking) blindly through the menus and options until I was able to successfully guess where on the screen equivocated to the correct location within the game. Entering my screen's correct resolution then restarting the game fixed things, but it was difficult to navigate the menus relatively.
soniquev8

Re: Resolution bug

Postby CGSColin » Tue May 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Glad you managed to sort it out and sorry about the trouble! For future reference you can fix any issues like this in the future by directly editing the Drifter.prefs file in ~/Library/Application Support/Drifter
CGSColin

Postby Maximilious » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 pm

I ran into this same issue on Windows. I misstyped 1920x1080 as 1980x1020 and could not start the game. I deleted local content and tried editing the "resolutions" file in the game files and still no fix. This lead my to my C:\username\My Documents\My Games\Drifter config files. Was able to modify to fix accordingly.

Future fix I'd recommend setting the resolution menu to pre-populated drop-downs. Cheers! :)
Maximilious

Postby CGSColin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Not a bad idea! I just need to figure out if I can get a list of available resolutions :)
CGSColin

Postby stribbs » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 am

a few comments as a new user.If you look at any recent game , suggest anno2070 or its later version this will list available resolutions. Turning to specific points:
1. I have a 4g set capable of 3160X2140 resolution. When I set resolution to say 2560X1440 or use full screen I cannot see the prompts e.g how to close or switch screens. What can you suggest
2. I would like to provide user feedback on screen layout, icons etc. How can this be done without using the forum
stribbs

Postby CGSColin » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:42 pm

stribbs wrote:a few comments as a new user.If you look at any recent game , suggest anno2070 or its later version this will list available resolutions. Turning to specific points:
1. I have a 4g set capable of 3160X2140 resolution. When I set resolution to say 2560X1440 or use full screen I cannot see the prompts e.g how to close or switch screens. What can you suggest
2. I would like to provide user feedback on screen layout, icons etc. How can this be done without using the forum

FWIW, a resolution list drop down is coming soon!

1. At 2560x1440 when windowed, is the window too large for the screen? What resolution is your desktop running at?
2. I'd prefer the feedback thread in the Drifter forum but if you'd like you can always send feedback to contact@celsiusgs.com.
CGSColin

Postby LeighS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Does the resolution work on 4k monitors?
LeighS

Postby CGSColin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 pm

It should! The game doesn't properly support HiDPI mode yet but we recently updated to SDL2 and I've tested the game at a number of high resolutions including 4K.
CGSColin

Return to Support