It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Drifter is Celsius' in-development Space Trading game. Take part in the discussion about the game and its development here!

It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Postby CGSColin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 am

This thread will serve as a place for you to post bugs and omissions in the game as you discover them. I will attempt to update this post with a list of things that I'm aware of as being unfinished, broken or just missing in an attempt to let you know what's being worked on.

I've started tracking known fixed and unfixed bugs on the wiki for the benefit of people who do not choose to use the forums. Please check the page to make sure whatever it is you're reporting hasn't already been reported or noticed. Please and thank you! :)

http://celsiusgs.com/drifter/wiki/Curre ... Known_Bugs
Last edited by CGSColin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
CGSColin

Re: It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Postby zlives » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

is it ready yet :D
zlives

Postby CGSColin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 pm

zlives wrote:is it ready yet :D

Don't make me turn this spaceship around!
CGSColin

Postby Herioc Zebra » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 pm

CGSColin wrote:
zlives wrote:is it ready yet :D

Don't make me turn this spaceship around!

Shit just got real
Herioc Zebra

Postby JTD121 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 am

Welcome to the Real Spaceship
JTD121

Postby ollobrains » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm

ah thanks a fellow beta backer here, looking forward to getting a hold of the beta whenever its ready hopefully on the soon (TM ) side rather than the later side. How is beta going to work , daily or weekly updates, beta reports on the forum or a seperate reporting mechanism. How long is beta expected to last and thats about all the questions i can think of so far

Thanks again for making a awesoe game
ollobrains

Postby CGSColin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 am

ollobrains wrote:ah thanks a fellow beta backer here, looking forward to getting a hold of the beta whenever its ready hopefully on the soon (TM ) side rather than the later side. How is beta going to work , daily or weekly updates, beta reports on the forum or a seperate reporting mechanism. How long is beta expected to last and thats about all the questions i can think of so far

Thanks again for making a awesoe game

Thanks for helping make it possible :)

I'm currently down to a small handful of things I'd like to have done before I'm happy enough to release the beta, probably before the week is out!

New beta releases will be released every week or so (unless there's a serious bug), as I continue to add features, fix bugs and fill in the blanks. It may be a slightly faster release schedule than some of you want to follow, so don't feel that you have to, but it will be available if you want it.

I'm going to deal with beta feedback and bug reports on the forums so everyone can see what's already been talked about and what's being worked on and all that.

Early beta will last at least a month, then I will open up the beta for $10 backers.

I've had a lot of people express interest in "Slacker Backing" the game like Double Fine had, so I'm probably going to start taking $10 pre-orders of the game w/ beta access after you've all had some exclusive time with the beta.

I'm figuring the beta will last until March/April or so, but even after the game is "done" I'd like to keep expanding the game with free and (at some point) paid updates because really, there's a lot of cool stuff to do in a big sandbox like Drifter's. When I say paid updates I mean things like new big content story missions beyond the first ones, things that take a fair bit of time and work to create and probably won't be available until the fall at least, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.
CGSColin

Postby ollobrains » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 am

thanks for the speedy reply, sounds like a good approach and as soon as beta is out ill get bug testing have some experience with other similiar games so intend to be active. Looking forward to a great game
ollobrains

Postby Rynn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Hey Colin, I was wondering if you were going to consider using something a bit more formal for bugtracking than a forum?

I know this is the easiest to set up, but it turns into utter chaos for us that are filing bugs, and for you as you're trying to organize through said chaos.

Are there any plans to use something like Redmine, traq, or anything more formal?

I work in this field, more or less, and I know such a system is invaluable for every team involved.

In any case, I'm super excited to give it a whirl!
Rynn

Postby CGSColin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm

I realize this is not an ideal method of dealing with bugs but I only have so much time to dedicate between working on the game and things that aren't working on the game and setting up and maintaining a bug tracking system while a good idea will end up being a huge distraction from getting the game done.

That's not to say I'm unconcerned about bugs and as it stands most bugs will be dealt with before anyone on here even sees a particular build and generally speaking my methodology does not involve leaving bugs lingering for very long. I will be vigilant in maintaining a list of reported and fixed bugs in the top post of this thread to help make everyone's life easier.
CGSColin

Next

Return to Drifter