It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Drifter is Celsius' in-development Space Trading game. Take part in the discussion about the game and its development here!

Re: It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Postby LHookins » Tue May 31, 2016 4:52 pm

The description for Hexite says it extends the jump range on some ships. I couldn't get it to work on the Shrike, Kukri, Cerberus and Odyssey, which covers the range of different sized ships. Is the Hexite bonus implemented yet? I'm not looking for an exact description, but a hint would help.

Is it possible to sell the Illegal Goods you get on a smuggler mission? I noticed they had entries in the market file.

The description for Carbotitanium Mesh armor says it reduces "Hull capacity" by 25%... what it actually reduces is armor. Hull capacity was a little confusing, I thought it reduced cargo. Should it say armor instead?
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:57 am

Not a bug, but I'm reporting it here anyway for your amusement.

After 130+ hours in the game I've written a guide on Steam. Feel free to rate it up if you like it. :D

If there's anything you think needs to be changed, let me know either here or by email.

Hook
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 am

Now I've got you!!

Got stuck again. This time when I saw the line of ships I saved the game before docking. When I tried to launch, I got stuck. That's three times I've seen a line of ships and got stuck waiting to launch. I'm sending you the save game.

If nothing else it gives me some practice targets.

BTW, I had some missiles load after launch, when before I didn't. Not sure what's up with that, but it doesn't happen all the time. At least they load when you press the R key... far as I know
LHookins

Postby CGSColin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:20 pm

LHookins wrote:Now I've got you!!

Got stuck again. This time when I saw the line of ships I saved the game before docking. When I tried to launch, I got stuck. That's three times I've seen a line of ships and got stuck waiting to launch. I'm sending you the save game.

If nothing else it gives me some practice targets.

BTW, I had some missiles load after launch, when before I didn't. Not sure what's up with that, but it doesn't happen all the time. At least they load when you press the R key... far as I know

I've been over the code with a fine-toothed comb and I'm pretty sure this bug will only happen if ships that are waiting to dock or that are undocking are destroyed. The ship's destruction should cause the ship to be removed from the docking or undocking queue but unfortunately there are a few cases where they are not removed. Eventually what happens is the inactive ships are assigned a bay and the bay is then set in a "busy" state. Because the ship no longer exists it will not release the bay. You should be able to avoid triggering this in the meantime by not destroying ships that are hanging around stations.

That said a fix will be rolled into the next build.
CGSColin

Postby LHookins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:46 am

You should be able to avoid triggering this in the meantime by not destroying ships that are hanging around stations.

Um... it probably wasn't me. The last two times I'm sure I was on a System Patrol mission, and there was fighting around the station at some point. I may have been on Patrols other times it happened... but the first time I'm pretty sure I wasn't. I'm pretty sure fighting sometimes goes on outside the station (cool sound effects there!) that I'm not involved in.

But thanks for a fix.
LHookins

Postby CGSColin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:06 am

LHookins wrote:
You should be able to avoid triggering this in the meantime by not destroying ships that are hanging around stations.

Um... it probably wasn't me. The last two times I'm sure I was on a System Patrol mission, and there was fighting around the station at some point. I may have been on Patrols other times it happened... but the first time I'm pretty sure I wasn't. I'm pretty sure fighting sometimes goes on outside the station (cool sound effects there!) that I'm not involved in.

But thanks for a fix.

I sometimes forget the NPCs sometimes have a mind of their own. That said hopefully I can get a new build out soon :)
CGSColin

Postby LHookins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 pm

I sometimes forget the NPCs sometimes have a mind of their own.

I can't say I never shot anyone outside a station that wasn't a pirate. I mentioned before that in a fight, everyone has a red arrow indicator, not just the bad guys. If you kill the bad guy, the good guys turn blue. It would be nice if the good guys stayed blue so I could avoid attacking them... if I wanted. :) Of course, in a dogfight without Identify-Friend-Foe, you're responsible for picking your targets carefully, so that may be intentional.

That said hopefully I can get a new build out soon

Colin, I'll say this in all seriousness. I may be the only player who is not in a hurry for an update. I've already figured out how to avoid the only game-killing bug, and the cosmetic glitches don't bother me. Aside from some additional artwork the game is complete as it is now.

I've probably just made an enemy of every other player. :D

In the "Things that would be nice to have" column, some streamlining of the UI would help with reducing the clickfest at times, but isn't essential. For example, adding a button to preview the system map in the Mission Office would help a lot. Adding a button to Set Destination in Active Missions (similar to the one in Assets) would be useful, but not essential.

I'm in no hurry for a lot of additional complexity. I've seen what happens when modders go wild adding things to make the game harder. The Long War mod for XCom: Enemy Within adds a lot of additional great features, which is good, but some of the changes make the game just too hard for a more casual player to enjoy, but this is what the hard core players wanted.

I'm not saying don't add additional complexity, however, but it might be nice to have an option to turn some things off.

Hook
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 pm

I had an enemy ship in a System Patrol that somehow got stuck in a bounding box near the station. He kept trying to fly away and bouncing off the sides of the box. I didn't attempt to enter the box, but shot him from outside.

I often have problems in the system map telling which direction my ship icon is facing, probably something to do with the isometric view of the system. Any chance of making the little triangle a bit taller? Not much or it'll look odd.

Heck, sometimes I even have problems just finding my ship on the system map. Adding a bit of yellow to the red color of the icon would make it brighter. Again, not much. I've had to do this myself to get a red LED display on an aircraft instrument panel to show up well enough to read. You can't just make the red "brighter" without adding some yellow. I think the hollow triangle is good.
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:24 am

When you first load a game, and go to a target system to check price differences, the numbers on the screen are wrong. They correct themselves after a jump.\

For an obvious example, save a game at Liprato. Before saving, set Ujus as your target system, and check the price differences... look at the high tech items near the bottom like Industrial Robots through Fusion Reactors . Exit the game, load the game and save file, and check the same prices; they should be wrong. Do a jump somewhere and back, and check the prices again; they should be right this time. When the numbers are right, there's a lot of profit to be made on these items.

Since you probably didn't start at Liprato, check the prices when you first get there, then save and exit. Load the game and save file and check again. No need to jump to another system and back unless you want to verify the prices are corrected.
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:14 am

I've been having an odd case recently where an enemy ship tilts to one side or the other, and sometimes flashes back and forth between level and tilted. It's happened with several ships in several systems. Likely something corrupted my save file. First time I've seen it in 150+ hours of play.

Rarely an enemy ship will warp a bit to one side. Seems to happen most often if I shoot someone when he's using Slipstream, but may happen other times. Not a major problem but can look odd.

Some stations have a very small "Hazard" area. I've had several times where I was Slipstreaming toward a station and ended up docked because I got too close without ever leaving Slipstream. This even happened with ships that flew at normal speeds, not using Carbotitanium armor. Others seem to have an excessively large one.

I've found that rotating the system map display helps with figuring out which direction my ship is facing.

I've seen the problem with the "line of ships" a couple of times since I last reported the problem. I avoid docking at those stations even if I just suspect a problem, and haven't gotten stuck since. Sometimes the ships aren't just hanging around, but their engines are running (odd engine graphics there) and the ships creep forward in tiny hops.

I found a couple of videos from version 0.5.3 and I have to say the appearance of the UI has improved a lot since then. The newer version is easier to use as well.

Time to go play Drifter again.
LHookins

PreviousNext

Return to Drifter