It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Drifter is Celsius' in-development Space Trading game. Take part in the discussion about the game and its development here!

Re: It's Broken! Bug list (known and new)

Postby LHookins » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:20 pm

Not a bug report this time, but some suggestions.

Add a button on the Missions page to go to the star map with the current mission location (potential or accepted) already selected. I can view the system map or set my destination there, then return to the mission screen when I exit the star map. This should give the most functionality with the least effort.

Also, on the Assets screen, replace the Set Destination button with the star map button and do the same thing, hopefully highlighting all the systems where I have assets. This would not only allow me to locate all my assets on one map, but also allow me to place bookmarks on the star map by going to the system and dropping off a kilo of antimatter, for example, so I have an asset there. Go back to the Asset screen to find out what's there. It's OK if this can only be accessed in the Quarters.

For down the road, on the star map, give us a way to highlight all the systems of a particular government type or development level. If I want to find where all the high tech anarchy systems are, so I know the cheapest place to buy certain goods, I can find them at a glance. Likewise the low tech dictatorships to sell stuff, which are much more plentiful. Again, it's OK if this is only accessible in the Quarters.

Hook
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Just a heads-up.

I just had a situation where I got stuck waiting for launch, but there had never been combat outside the station. The system was Xepviv, which I think is 79% safe. I didn't check before docking, but when waiting to launch I saw the line of ships, but only 3 of them, on the HUD display, one in the middle and one on each end.

I was doing a trade run between Ii, Xepviv and Cotogtak at the time. I'd been to Ii once and was at Xepviv when it happened. Prior to his I'd done a few Courier runs and had 20,000 credits when I go to Ii. I'd already sold the meat I'd gotten at Ii and bought gold for Cotogtak when the game hung. The autosave still had the meat.

I've got a copy of the autosave, but I don't think it has the problem. I was able to continue the game by loading it. Let me know if you want it.

I'm hoping all these hints will turn up an unknown error that can be fixed.

Hook
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:05 am

Just a suggestion.

Give us a key that will remove the HUD (and maybe all the text labels) for maybe 5 seconds for the purposes of taking screen shots. In Steam, F12 is the default screenshot key. Sometimes you want the HUD visible, other times not. The game is certainly pretty enough to benefit from screenshots without all the distractions.

I noticed that a Steam screenshot doesn't seem to have the correct aspect ratio. My game is set to 1280 x 960 to fill the screen, which looks proper on my screen, but a screenshot doesn't fill the screen to the sides and looks distorted... too tall. I can fix it by resizing the image in Photoshop to 1280x720 and it looks right and fills the screen.

Hook
LHookins

Postby CGSColin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:29 am

LHookins wrote:Just a suggestion.

Give us a key that will remove the HUD (and maybe all the text labels) for maybe 5 seconds for the purposes of taking screen shots. In Steam, F12 is the default screenshot key. Sometimes you want the HUD visible, other times not. The game is certainly pretty enough to benefit from screenshots without all the distractions.

I noticed that a Steam screenshot doesn't seem to have the correct aspect ratio. My game is set to 1280 x 960 to fill the screen, which looks proper on my screen, but a screenshot doesn't fill the screen to the sides and looks distorted... too tall. I can fix it by resizing the image in Photoshop to 1280x720 and it looks right and fills the screen.

Hook

Type togglehud into the console for this :)
CGSColin

Postby LHookins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:44 am

Wooooooo! Thank you thank you thank you. :D :D

Hook
LHookins

Postby LHookins » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:33 am

With a new update coming Friday, I've deleted all my old saves and reverted all my mods back to stock.

Will there be a new bug fix thread started for the new versions, or are we going to stick with this one? Also, will there be a list of changes that I can test? I gotta update a couple of guides.

I bought another game that doesn't have a manual and there's no readme file -- the game is an English translation of a Russian game, and apparently no one got around to creating an English readme. There are important key commands that aren't included in the keyboard options and a couple I still haven't found online.

Eventually, Drifter will need a readme file to help people beyond what's in the tutorial.

Hook
LHookins

Postby Curithwin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Colin, Its not a break, but two things:

1, When i load up the game the stars on the main menu is multicoloured as are the asteroids that are far away in the system (but not as you get close).

2, The Aspis vessel has a drive value of 5... It seems really slow is that correct (since it gets a bonus 20% mining I think)?

Thanks for your hard work and keep it up.
Curithwin

Postby CGSColin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:32 am

Curithwin wrote:Hi Colin, Its not a break, but two things:

1, When i load up the game the stars on the main menu is multicoloured as are the asteroids that are far away in the system (but not as you get close).

2, The Aspis vessel has a drive value of 5... It seems really slow is that correct (since it gets a bonus 20% mining I think)?

Thanks for your hard work and keep it up.

Responded to 1 in another thread but can you tell me what video card you have and if your drivers are up to date?

for 2 yes the Aspis is supposed to have not a lot of engine output because it's an industrial ship not suitable for most other roles.
CGSColin

I cannot get the buttons to work on the first screen.

Postby eberdeed » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

The buttons on the first sceen will not respond. What can I do to fix it?
eberdeed

Re: I cannot get the buttons to work on the first screen.

Postby CGSColin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 am

eberdeed wrote:The buttons on the first sceen will not respond. What can I do to fix it?

Hey sorry for the delayed response!

Are you running the game in full screen mode? Sometimes it gets a bit weird in full screen with the wrong resolution set.
CGSColin

PreviousNext

Return to Drifter