Crash Reports

Drifter is Celsius' in-development Space Trading game. Take part in the discussion about the game and its development here!

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Sandman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm

crash to desktop on pirate explosion,
screengrab of game crash image - reduced in photoshop to fit forums
so you can see what ship it was, how damaged etc. hope its useful
Attachments
crash-on-pirate-explosion-sm.jpg
crash-on-pirate-explosion-sm.jpg (81.49 KiB) Viewed 17051 times
Sandman
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Yaiven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:54 am

Was this by any chance in a two-station system like mine was?
Yaiven
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 am

Re: Crash Reports

Postby CGSColin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 am

I've been trying but can't reproduce this "crash on NPC ship explosion" bug on OSX, going to try in Windows as well in a bit, but it could have been solved by one of the other bugfixes I've added in the meantime.
CGSColin
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Yaiven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:49 am

This may not be it at all, but is it possible that it could occur when a second "random encounter" / "spawn pirate" ship or group appears while you're still fighting an existing one? i.e. Could a second spawn when there are spawned ships still around overwrite something or otherwise cause something fishy to happen?

I haven't tested it yet, but the two times it happened to me were in prolongued (more than one spawn) encounters...just an idea
Yaiven
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 am

Re: Crash Reports

Postby CGSColin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Okay I think I've managed to solve the crash-on-exploding-ship bug, as well as found a couple of other weird bugs in the process.

Basically I set the game to constantly damage all spawned ships except the player's ship and went from system to system letting it destroy hundreds of ships in the background to see if anything weird happened. It was mostly stable but there was a potential infinite loop that would come up in the random drop calculator occasionally that I found. After that the game stayed up and stable at a high framerate even with dozens of ships being destroyed and hundreds of drops being spawned every few minutes. :twisted:
CGSColin
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Capn Tucker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:49 pm

CGSColin wrote:Okay I think I've managed to solve the crash-on-exploding-ship bug, as well as found a couple of other weird bugs in the process.

Basically I set the game to constantly damage all spawned ships except the player's ship and went from system to system letting it destroy hundreds of ships in the background to see if anything weird happened. It was mostly stable but there was a potential infinite loop that would come up in the random drop calculator occasionally that I found. After that the game stayed up and stable at a high framerate even with dozens of ships being destroyed and hundreds of drops being spawned every few minutes. :twisted:


Does this include the player ship destruction bug?
Capn Tucker
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Crash Reports

Postby CGSColin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Capn Tucker wrote:Does this include the player ship destruction bug?


I'm not 100% sure but I think it was related to the drop bug (player ship destruction is functionally similar to NPC ship destruction currently). Certainly I haven't seen a crash on player destruction since fixing some earlier bugs.
CGSColin
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Capn Tucker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:37 pm

CGSColin wrote:
Capn Tucker wrote:Does this include the player ship destruction bug?


I'm not 100% sure but I think it was related to the drop bug (player ship destruction is functionally similar to NPC ship destruction currently). Certainly I haven't seen a crash on player destruction since fixing some earlier bugs.


Sounds good. The game crashing when your ship is destroyed is kind of appropriate, and most people just reload a save anyway. But there's no trying to make it to the nearest station in your escape pod. Which brings up a question, will other ships eventually have escape pods that you can scoop up, ala Elite?
Capn Tucker
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Ludditus » Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Can't launch the game -- window opens and immediately crashes. Win7 x64, Radeon 7870, Core i5-2500K. Running latest (beta 13.5) AMD drivers. It crashed with 13.2 as well.

Windows crash error:
Code: Select all
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Drifter.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   514d28c3
  Fault Module Name:   aticfx32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   8.17.10.1191
  Fault Module Timestamp:   516d5f79
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00079de1
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Ludditus
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Crash Reports

Postby CGSColin » Wed May 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Ludditus wrote:Can't launch the game -- window opens and immediately crashes. Win7 x64, Radeon 7870, Core i5-2500K. Running latest (beta 13.5) AMD drivers. It crashed with 13.2 as well.


This is a new one. Can you explicitly right click on the EXE and Run As Administrator to see if that helps?
CGSColin
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Drifter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron