Crash Reports

Drifter is Celsius' in-development Space Trading game. Take part in the discussion about the game and its development here!

Re: Crash Reports

Postby Ludditus » Thu May 16, 2013 1:19 am

Tried running as Admin, same behavior.

FWIW, I have it installed on a separate drive from c:\Program Files. That's about the only thing that would be non-standard on my config.
Ludditus

Postby FrCorySticha » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 am

Just had a crash when completing multiple missions. Completing the first mission (System Patrol) was successful, but the completing the second (Astrogeology) crashed:

http://pastebin.com/Cuc89PZn
FrCorySticha

Postby CGSColin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:36 am

FrCorySticha wrote:Just had a crash when completing multiple missions. Completing the first mission (System Patrol) was successful, but the completing the second (Astrogeology) crashed:

You wouldn't happen to have a savegame from just before this happened would you? Also was this on 0.2.1?

I ask if it was 0.2.1 because there was a bug in 0.2.0 that would cause exactly this sort of crash.
CGSColin

Postby goldluck » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 am

CGSColin wrote:
FrCorySticha wrote:Just had a crash when completing multiple missions. Completing the first mission (System Patrol) was successful, but the completing the second (Astrogeology) crashed:

You wouldn't happen to have a savegame from just before this happened would you? Also was this on 0.2.1?

I ask if it was 0.2.1 because there was a bug in 0.2.0 that would cause exactly this sort of crash.

I did the same thing on 0.2.1 and it worked fine, might have been 0.2.0
goldluck

Postby FrCorySticha » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

CGSColin wrote:You wouldn't happen to have a savegame from just before this happened would you? Also was this on 0.2.1?

Nope, no save games at all, and it was on 0.2.1.

EDIT: I should also mention that I was able to two missions previously with two of the Astrogeology missions without it crashing.
FrCorySticha

Postby Ludditus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

By the way, my crash is no longer happening in 0.2 -- game starts/runs normally.

Ludditus wrote:Tried running as Admin, same behavior.

FWIW, I have it installed on a separate drive from c:\Program Files. That's about the only thing that would be non-standard on my config.
Ludditus

Postby CGSColin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:12 am

Yay! Glad to hear :)
CGSColin

Postby goldluck » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:04 pm

As this being my new favorite game right now, i desided to play for a long period of time and found a few things.

The music tends to stop working and repeat from the last second on the track *i think its me though*

As i leave some stations my ship tends to de-render and i cant move, some times the ship will respawn but then other times i have to go back to my last save. * i haven't been running into this one alot, just gotta wait for the thing to come out*

I know the crash bug for dieing has been reported.

Ok this is the best way i can explain this

1 you get a mission and complete it
2 you go to the mission list and click complete
3 you go to available missions and the desc of the last mission you complete is there
4 click accept with out clicking a new mission to refresh the mission desc
Boom.......crash

But so far this is a amazing game and i hope to see its future success, And i hope to see co op very soon!
goldluck

Postby CGSColin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 pm

goldluck wrote:As this being my new favorite game right now, i desided to play for a long period of time and found a few things.

The music tends to stop working and repeat from the last second on the track *i think its me though*

As i leave some stations my ship tends to de-render and i cant move, some times the ship will respawn but then other times i have to go back to my last save. * i haven't been running into this one alot, just gotta wait for the thing to come out*

I know the crash bug for dieing has been reported.

Ok this is the best way i can explain this

1 you get a mission and complete it
2 you go to the mission list and click complete
3 you go to available missions and the desc of the last mission you complete is there
4 click accept with out clicking a new mission to refresh the mission desc
Boom.......crash

But so far this is a amazing game and i hope to see its future success, And i hope to see co op very soon!

Thanks. I know of the music bug, still trying to chase that one down. I'll see what I can do about this "double complete" bug today though.

The ship not coming out of the station isn't a bug per-se. What happens is the station's docking control system gets overwhelmed with too many ships requesting to dock and undock that it takes a while for them to allow your ship to leave. Eventually if you wait long enough you will undock however I'm going to attempt to let the player jump the queue :)
CGSColin

Postby goldluck » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks, and I did notice the waiting a while to undock, thanks for the info and I hope to see a new update very soon :D, but question, when do we expect to see multiplayer Im so pumped to have a go at multiplayer! :D
goldluck

PreviousNext

Return to Drifter